Ann M. Drake founded AWESOME in 2013 to advance and transform the future of supply chain leadership. One of America’s foremost women executives, Ann is the former Chairman and CEO of DSC Logistics, a highly innovative and successful company in supply chain and logistics management. That leadership role and other experiences inspired Ann to put her support behind women working in areas that are crucial to shaping our future.
Today, AWESOME is the preeminent U.S. community for senior women in supply chain as well as a source of scholarships, mentorship, and education for young women studying the field. Participants in AWESOME represent a range of senior supply chain roles across a broad spectrum of organizations and industries.
AWESOME is transforming the future of supply chain leadership by:
- Delivering virtual and in-person programming and events focused on industry insight, skill development, and professional growth for our associates.
- Collaborating with such organizations as Gartner Research, Deloitte, and the Committee of 200 to further research and consulting initiatives that contribute to women’s advancement.
- Supporting young women attending university to study supply chain management through the AWESOME Excellence in Education Scholarship Program.
- Partnering with MIT on the Advancing Women through Education (AWE) Fellowship, which provides financial support to women pursuing a supply chain master’s degree at MIT.
- Hosting the annual AWESOME Symposium, which brings together senior women in supply chain for two days of education, insight, and networking.
- Recognizing outstanding women leaders in supply chain at the annual symposium through the AWESOME Legendary Leadership Award (ALL Award).
- Supporting the AWESOME Scholar Forum, which provides career and leadership development, and AWESOME Scholar CONNECT!, an initiative aimed at building a community of future women leaders.